Public School Legislation
Rachel E. Beaulieu, Legislative and Community Relations Director
Office of the State Superintendent
State Superintendent’s Goals and Recommendations
- 100 percent high school graduation rate.
- 125,000 Industry-Based Credentials earned by students while in high school.
- 90 percent of Graduates remediation-free upon entry into community colleges or universities.
- North Carolina as an International Leader in Reading and Mathematics Achievement.
- Restore $376,124,279 LEA Adjustment/Discretionary Reduction.*
- Expand opportunities for all students and educators to access digital learning devices and resources.*
- Expand learning opportunities before and after school and outside of the traditional school year.*
- Give the Department of Public Instruction the responsibility for early childhood education; expand early childhood education opportunities to all children living in poverty.*
- Increase educator salaries by 5 percent.*
- Streamline legislation requiring unnecessary work for local school districts.
* Please see budget requests for additional details on each of these items.